|Landing in Chicago|
While the winter weather of snow and ice has pretty much come to an end, they have moved directly into heavy spring weather. My first flight to Appleton, left right on time at 3:00 and arrived in---well, let's say at Appleton--on time at 4:00. We got to 100 feet from the ground when the pilot decided to abort the landing. Seems he couldn't quite see the runway clearly enough to attempt a landing. After that little burst of adrenalin as the plane tilted nose up, the engines powered up and the gear retracted, we got above the clouds and he explained what had happened. He also explained that we didn't have enough fuel to attempt another landing and make it to our secondary field (back to Chicago) if that landing had to be aborted. So we just headed back to Chicago where I waited four hours for the next flight which thankfully proved to be uneventful.
|Taking off from Chicago the second time.|